We believe that getting to know the faces behind the Laurelo service enhances the personal connection we share with our clients.
Carmen Cottingham, is one of the latest additions to our team. Carmen joined us in late 2023, bringing with her a vast wealth of experience and a deep commitment to our ethos of putting families first.
Carmen’s journey in the private client sector spans over 17 years, marked by her significant contributions to the Society of Will Writers and the SWW Trust Corporation. During her time there, Carmen was well known for her expertise in providing technical advice, support, and training.
Whether dealing with clients or collaborating with fellow companies, Carmen’s commitment to excellence and integrity is unwavering. This dedication aligns perfectly with Laurelo’s mission of prioritising families, offering transparent costs, and ensuring clear communication throughout the probate process.
Carmen’s decision to join Laurelo was driven by our unique approach to probate administration. Like many of our team members, she has worked with some of the industry’s ‘big hitters’. However, it was Laurelo’s client-first philosophy that resonated with her. Our focus on personal, face-to-face interactions, 24/7 support, and a compassionate, straightforward approach to probate aligns seamlessly with Carmen’s professional values and her drive to make a real difference in the lives of those navigating challenging times.
Carmen’s arrival at Laurelo is more than just a new professional chapter; it’s a reinforcement of our core values and commitment to outstanding client care. Her expertise and empathetic approach are invaluable assets to our team, especially in an environment where understanding and managing grief is paramount. Alongside our office dogs, Edie and Elbie, who bring their own brand of comfort and support, Carmen is set to play a pivotal role in enhancing the psychological well-being of both our team and the families we serve.
We are excited to have Carmen on board. Her blend of professional acumen and personal dedication to ethical service makes her a perfect fit for our team, and we are confident that our clients greatly benefit from her expertise and compassionate approach.
NAME: Carmen Cottingham
- What was your first job? I worked weekends on a market stall earing 75p per hour. I later enrolled on a YTS Scheme and in the first year I earned £29.50 per week and second year this went up to £35.00 per week.
- What professional skills do you think everyone should have? Integrity, compassion and taking pride in ones work.
- What professional skills would you like to master? Microsoft Excel- I envy those who are able to create amazing and impressive spreadsheets with formula’s that do wonderous things. I, on the other hand, found it difficult to master the most simple methods using the ‘Spreadsheet for Dummies’ book.
- What is the most valuable career advice you’ve been given? It takes a lifetime to build an empire but only moments to knock it down. Be careful who you stand on when climbing up as you are sure to meet them on the way down.
- What is your biggest fashion regret? Have you seen it re-emerge since? This has to be shell suits. It cannot possibly re-emerge as they were a fire risk. I recall being stood next to our open fire and it spat out an ember. I felt something becoming hotter on my leg and the material had melted!
- What is the weirdest nickname you’ve ever had? Carmen die outside (carbon dioxide)- courtesy of my elder brother